The Mountain bike Namibia Adventure
This Namibian Mountain Bike tour explores the far Northwest of Namibia, Kaokoland, a magical place with unbelievable scenery, desert elephants, waterfalls and rugged terrain , a once in a lifetime experience not worth missing out on!
Join Unbounded Africa on a 15 day mountain bike tour through some of the most challenging but also rewarding mountain bike terrain imaginable.
- Kunene river
- Epupa Falls
- The Red Drum Crossing
- Khumib River
- Hoarusib River
On this specific mountain bike Namibia tour:
- You will need your own sleeping bag and pillows
- You will need a mountain bike and spares for your bike
- You will need all your own supplements for the trip
- You will need your own medical suppies
Your tour leader is an experienced nature conservationist and adventure guide. He will be in contact with you at all times, impart a wealth of biological, cultural and historic knowledge.
Three meals a day will be prepared by our experienced bush chef in his mobile kitchen, with fresh salads, potjiekos, braais and many other surprises appearing on the menu. .
Some of our overnight stops will be rustic and unusual, but you will never the less at all times be safe, the crew will spare no effort to make you comfortable, provide you with good wholesome food and, most importantly, see that you have a good time.
Day 1: Windhoek
The Unbounded Africa team will meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation in Windhoek where we will have dinner together and discuss the tour program for the next few days.
Day 2: Windhoek – Ruacana
We will have an early start from Windhoek to make our way up to Ruacana in the North on the Border of Namibia and Angola. We will stay in a Lodge for the night.
Day 3: Ruacana – Kunene River Lodge (65Km)
After an early breakfast we will get ready for our first day of cycling along the Kunene River for 65km towards Kunene River Lodge where we will camp for the night.It is a lovely day of cycling next to the majestic Kunene river.
Day 4, 5: Kunene River Lodge – Epupa Falls (95Km)
Today, your destination will be the spectacular Epupa Falls on the Kunene which forms the northern border between Namibia and Angola. We will be cycling for 95 Km all the way along the Kunene river towards Epupa Falls where we will be spending two days at Epupa Falls. We will have enough time too few the falls and for those who would like to pay a visit to a Himba Village. On both nights we will be treated to one of Africa’s most beautiful sunsets over the beauty of Kaokoland and the voice of a spectacular waterfall in the back ground.
Day 6: Epupa Falls – Bush Camp (100Km)
Another early start after a hearty breakfast, and we leave Epupa Falls behind, heading back down to a small village called Okangwati, where we will be turning west in to the heart of Kaokoland. We will spend the night in a dry river bed, Bush Camping.
- Day 7: Bush Camp – Etanga (65Km) Today we will make our way towards Etanga Village. The camp sites for the night is a rustic camp with toilets and shower facilities – Our water availability for the night is limited, but we will ensure your comfort and needs are met. Day 8, 9: Etanga – Marble Camp (75Km)Today we will cycle towards Marble Camp – Onjiva Village where we will spend the next two days.There will be time to relax the next day and explore and discover the Marienfluss or just to re live the last few days’ experiences. We will be staying in accommodations for the next two nights with a beautiful view over the Onjiva Plains.Meals: B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner; * Own meals
Day 10, 11: Marble Camp – Puros (120Km)
After Breakfast we will be cycling along the Khumib River from where we will be changing over in to the Hoarusib River all the way to Puros. Today will be the day where we have to keep our eyes wide open for the elusive Desert Elephants as well as the rest of the wild life kingdom that are surviving in these dry Rivers of Kaokoland.
We will spend two nights at Puros where we will be camping and enjoying the silence of nature in the evenings around the camp fire while our Bush chef will prepare the evenings meal on an open fire.
Day 12: Puros – Kanamub Mountain Camp (90Km)
After two nights and a relax day at Puros we will make our way towards Sesfontein where we will camp for the night at a camp called Kanamub Mountain Camp.
The camp sites for the night is a rustic bush camp with toilets and shower facilities – Our water availability for the night is limited, but we will ensure your comfort and needs are met.
Day 13: Kanamub – Warmquelle at Sesfontein (50Km)
Today will be our last day of cycling; we will have a short day of cycling towards Warmquelle which is a natural hot spring at the foot of the Mountains. We will spend some time in the spring to recover from all the dust and sun burn we experience over the last 11 days in Kaokoland.
The camp sites for too night is a rustic bush camp with toilets and shower facilities – Our water availability for the night is limited, but we will ensure your comfort and needs are met.
We will be treated with a lovely meal around the bush fire and talk about your experience on MTB in Kaokoland.
Day 14: Windhoek
After an early breakfast we have to pack our bikes on to the vehicles leave Kaokoland and its beauty behind and make our way back to Windhoek, until your next Unbounded Namibia MTB experience.
Day 15: Home
After our last breakfast together in Windhoek it’s time to say good until a next time!
What is included in the mountain bike Namibia adventure?
- All accommodation and meals stated above
- All game drives, park fees, park entrance and accommodation fees
- Guided safari vehicle & camping equipment & tents
- 2 Crew vehicles + people carrier landcruisers
- 4 Crew
What is not included in the mountain bike Namibia adventure?
- Optional activities
- Bring your own Chairs and Sleeping Matts, Sleeping Bags
- Mountain bike and gear
- Medical supplies…..
- All extra activities along the way
Meeting point: Arrebusch lodge , Windhoek
- We will have a passenger carrier Land Cruiser with trailer to transport the people in and out from Windhoek